Monday, September 26, 2011

Juicing It!


Okay, okay. So I took the summer off. And boy my waist line shows it. WAY to much ice cream!!
Time to detox and start eating healthy again!!
I recently watched the movie "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead". It is about a man named Joe who is overweight, and on a number of medications. He starts to drink only fruit and vegetable juice for 60 days, in order to detox and rebuild his body. It is a very inspirational story!
So inspirational, that I am starting today to drink only fruit and vegetable juice for the next 10 days and then follow it up with only raw food for two weeks.
I will also be including a healthy exercise routine. I signed up for Yoga classes, I bought a hula hoop (don't laugh, it actually a great non-impact, fat-burning workout that strengthens your core)and I'm doing strength training with my husband 2 nights a week.
The key to being successful is to have a plan. For the past few days I have been making a menu, buying the fruits and vegetables I'll be using in my juices and creating an exercise schedule.
But the most important key to success is to have a fantastic support system. Without it, it's too easy to give up and start eating crap again.
I know from experience that the first 3 to 4 days are the hardest. It's when your body is detoxing. All the crap in your body is fighting for survival. But once it is out, it feels SO much better. Alert and Alive.

Check out the link on the right to learn more about "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" ->

1 comment:

  1. BTW...today sucked. I am so hungry. I also have a cold :( so I cheated by making tomato basil soup. All the ingredients were organic, whole foods. Not from a jar or can. So at least it was a healthy cheat. But heating it kills some of the nutrients.
    Ah well. Until I'm over of this nasty cold, I will probably incorporate warm soups for dinner. Not too bad compared to ice cream :P

    ReplyDelete