Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Here we go again

Today we started our 14 day detox with RAW foods.
Last night I got started: dehydrating the crust for the chocolate mousse pie; soaking almonds; and starting mung bean sprouts.
This morning starting out good. Travis made us fresh fruit smoothies. We had a HUGE salad for lunch. And for snacks we had apple slices and peanut butter.
I also rode my exercise bike for 20 minutes.
Then tonight as I was getting ready to make dinner, zucchini spaghetti just did not appeal. We both caved and ate the leftover vegan lasagna with the kids. Erk!
As I sat down to begin this blog, Travis came to me and we both took a moment to re-evaluate, acknowledge our weakness and start ourselves back up again.
After I finish writing, we'll take the dog and kids for a walk, hopefully burning off some of the pasta.
And once the kiddos are asleep, we'll be diving into the RAW chocolate mousse pie! I can't wait!!!
* you can find the recipe in the link: Raw Foods. on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment