Sunday, February 20, 2011

Part II : Day 6 & 7

I am combining this weekend's blog.
Yesterday I went to a gluten-free cooking class. I didn't really learn anything I didn't already know about gluten-free cooking. I guess I was hoping it would be more about baking and mixing flours. Oh well, it gave me a morning out. The instructor made gluten-free spaghetti, and I HAD to try it :-P Not RAW, but it sure did taste good!
So I came home and had a huge salad. Then I made RAW pizza for dinner. The kids ate real pizza and it was very tempting! But we were able to resist!!
To top off the evening, I made some very delicious Apple Raisin Cookies! The kids even enjoyed them. The photo above is all that was left after the 2 dozen cookies I made with Brianna (my 5 year old daughter).

Today, started as all days have started: juice and a banana. Travis has been adding this algae mixture. Not to delicious, but I can feel the difference in my energy and mood. I am much happier and less grumpy then normal.
I went to visit a friend of mine this morning and she said that she noticed a difference in my face. It looks thinner and my skin was radiant! (No! I'm not pregnant!)Woo Hoo! The RAW food is kicking in!!
Tonight we'll have zucchini and carrot spaghetti. I bought a spiral slicer last year that cuts the vegetables like angel hair pasta. I'll make some fresh marinara sauce in the Vita Mix to top it off. And we'll finish off those cookies tonight!!

Apple Raisin Cookies
2 C hazelnuts, soaked 6 - 8 hours and rinsed
2 Fuji apples
2 large bananas
1/2 C honey dates
1 t cinnamon
1 C raisins

Process hazelnut, apples, bananas, and dates through a Champion Juicer using the solid plate. (or you can use the Vita Mix)
In a large bowl, mix dough with cinnamon and raisins
Spoon dough on a dehydrator tray with a teflex sheet, and form into small, round cookies. ( I used a melon baller)
Dehydrate at 105° for 4 - 6 hours, turn cookies over and remove teflex sheet.
Continue dehydrating for 4 - 6 hours, or until desired moisture is obtained.

No comments:

Post a Comment