Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Part II : Day 9 & 10

Yeah, Yeah, I've been getting lazy with writing the daily posts. But I have good reason. I have been spending my energy playing with my kids, my husband and exercising.
Yes, that's right, me, the lady who won't even take her dog for a walk if it's below 60 degrees outside! I've been doing sit-ups every other night, chasing the kids around the house and playing music while I make dinner, so that I move my body. The kids and I have been having a blast dancing around the kitchen for the past few days.
I was talking to a friend of mine Monday night about eating RAW. She wondered how I get through the day. It dawned on me that I've only written about the three main meals and left out the grazing that goes on the rest of the day. The foods I eat are very simple. Mostly snacks that I feed the kids as well: bananas, oranges, apples, raw nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, cashews), dried fruits (raisins, apricots, cherries), and sprouted grains like mung beans. And of course, tons of "living" water.
For those of you that know me and my husband, we are big advocates of healthy water. I won't go into all the details; but briefly: Water from nature, the kind you find in natural springs and creeks is living with healthy bacteria and enzymes that our bodies need. The water that comes into our homes is dead water, being processed and sent through series of pipes that are underground, receiving no sunlight.
We did a ton of research and found a method that can bring the "life" back to water. We take the tap water and filter it through a Brita (my sister uses reverse osmosis, but we can't afford the machine, yet) then we put it in a clear glass container and set it outside in direct sunlight for at least 3 hours, and shade for another 3. Bring it back in and pour it through a strainer (clean out leaves and bugs that may get trapped in the water) and that is our "Living" drinking water. I have had friends tell me it tastes like water from a natural spring. Soo yummy! No chemicals!!
Give it a try and see what you think....

No comments:

Post a Comment